The counties that brought you Quad County Business Summit invite you to compete in our fifth annual QuadTank Pitch Competition. Business owners in Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, and Orange counties should apply by October 30.
- Attend the 5-session Business Essentials Training (BET) program offered by CV SBDC (optional) – offered weekly on Tues evenings, 6-8pm beginning Sept 12.
- Develop and submit a detailed business plan for scoring
- Meet with experienced advisors from Central Virginia Small Business Development Center (CV SBDC)
- Pitch competition is in person – location TBA
- Submitted business plans will be reviewed and scored by impartial judges to select the finalists.
- Final pitches will be judged by a panel of experts based on a standard scoring rubric
The Central Virginia SBDC Business Essentials Training (BET) program offers a robust series for new founders and those with growing businesses. The programming provides for entrepreneurs to launch with confidence or conduct a “Business Health Check” as a foundation for expansion or growth.
QuadTank participants can earn the Business Essentials Certificate by attending the training sessions, completing homework, and meeting with a SBDC Advisor. These requirements work in tandem with the judging criteria to prepare a winning business plan and pitch.
QuadTank Pitch Competition 2023 Schedule
Meet with a CV SBDC advisor by: October 30, 2023
Deadline to submit completed Business Plan: November 3
QuadTank Pitch Competition Finalists Announced: November 10
Pitch Preparation Workshop: date TBA
QuadTank Pitch Competition: November 17, 2023 (in person)
How to Participate in QuadTank Pitch Competition
Who is eligible to participate?
Existing small businesses or new start-ups located in Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, and Orange counties
How to apply
Submit a business plan and meet with an advisor by contacting the CV SBDC team at QuadTank@cvsbdc.org
How much prize money is available?
There will be one cash prize of $5,000 awarded to the winner
Questions about QuadTank Pitch Competition can be sent to QuadTank@cvsbdc.org or 434-295-8198