Central Virginia SBDC Assistant Director
Central Virginia Small Business Development Center (CV SBDC) is seeking a full-time Assistant Director. The CV SBDC Assistant Director will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations with an emphasis on assisting businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Supports and executes programs and services that meet the requirements of the local funders, the Virginia SBDC Network, and the US Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and updating of the SBDC's strategic plan. Ensure that organizational goals and objectives are accomplished in a timely and thorough manner.
- Initiate co-sponsorship of programs with private businesses, economic development organizations, and other government entities.
- Support the management of the CV SBDC Advisory Board composed of funders and community stakeholders.
- Document client advising and training activities in a timely, accurate, and comprehensive manner.
- Counsel prospective and existing small business owners/managers and coordinates delivery of services throughout the service region.
- Analyze situations, make recommendations, and educate clients with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management, COVID-19 response and recovery, and legal structures... to name but a few topics.
- Develop and deliver high-quality, business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community served in collaboration with community members and technical experts.
- Provide support for the SBDC/SBA required annual site visits, quarterly meetings, monthly conference calls, and reports as required throughout the service area.
- Assist with media and publicity initiatives
- Meet with partner groups to discuss impact of current business services and programs, and future collaborations.
- Support the maintenance of the Central Virginia SBDC's information on websites.
- Maintain relationships and resources in government/public and private business sectors to assist SBDC clients.
Additional Position Requirements:
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrated experience driving business growth through innovation and the implementation of technology.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able and interested to pursue new business opportunities.
- Customer-service oriented (listening to professionally and efficiently respond to customers).
- Excellent management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who favors collaborative approaches when working with internal and external partners.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate a strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Ability to communicate from a customer perspective, across diverse groups of customers.
- Possesses exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Possesses exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
- Master's degree in Finance, Business, or Marketing
- Bilingual - English & Spanish
- Experience influencing strategy within an organization; ability to sell ideas and visions
- Experience in owning, growing and managing a small business
- Experience with Microsoft and GSuite products
Salary range begins at $55,000. Offer will be commensurate with experience. Accepting applications until the position is filled. Anticipated start in late March-early April. Charlottesville office location.
To apply send a resume, cover letter, and three references to: email@example.com.