- This event has passed.
March 23, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join us to get an overview of the world of Blockchain, updated for 2022.
This session will cover:
- Introduction to Blockchain
- Blockchain vs. bitcoin – how are they different?
- How Blockchain can be used for Small Business
- Accepting cryptocurrency as a form of payment
- Use of smart contracts
- Using blockchain to raise capital
- What are NFTs?
- How and why should they be used for small businesses
- Looking towards the future of Blockchain Technologies
- Moving towards cryptocurrency as national currency
- Industry Applications
- Safety and Privacy Concerns
Cameron Nelson, Chief Digital Advisor, Central Virginia SBDC and Virginia SBDC, has more than 18 years experience in technology, and as a senior tech consultant in Silicon Valley helping Fortune 500 companies improve their digital marketing and eCommerce. At the same time he founded several tech companies, including a SaaS website for tree preservation and a blockchain platform for nonprofits. Cameron is accomplished in language, culture, has an MBA and MA and believes new technology products have the ability to help shape our world for the better.
Hybrid Event: This event is being offered both in person at the CV SBDC office (300 Preston Ave) and online via Zoom. After registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend in person. In person seats are limited – reserve yours today!
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email from centeric@clients.