Businesses that already received CARES Act funds are not eligible (including PPP, EIDL, regional or local grants). The Rebuild VA Grant Fund is a program to help small businesses and non-profits whose normal operations were disrupted by COVID-19, including restaurants, brick and mortar retail, exercise and fitness facilities, personal care and personal grooming services, entertainment and public amusement establishments, and campgrounds.
Businesses and non-profits that are approved for a Rebuild VA grant may receive up to 3 times their average monthly eligible expenses up to a maximum of $10,000. Applications open August 10th. Find more information here.
Local Municipal Grants
Central Virginia municipalities are offering grants for small business through CARES Act funding. Each program is unique, with different requirements and processes. Please select your locality below to learn more about the program, determine if your business might be eligible, and click through to the application.
GREENE CARES GRANT
The Greene County Board of Supervisors has authorized $300,000 from its CARES act funding to be used to support businesses impacted by COVID-19. Grant amounts range from $5,000 to $25,000.
Please use this form to express interest in applying for the grants. Only those who submit this form will be invited into the Lenderfit application portal. Applications are anticipated to open on July 29th and all applications and materials will be due by August 10th.
This page will be updated with more information as it becomes available. If you have questions, please email GreeneCountyBusinessGrants@cicville.org.
Submit an inquiry to be notified when applications open.
LOUISA CARES GRANT
Louisa County grant applications are now open. This program’s funds have been made available by the Louisa County Board of Supervisors from the County’s Coronavirus Relief Funds under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Click here for more information: https://www.louisacounty.com/
Application Period: Open 12:00 a.m., August 5, 2020 through 11:59 p.m., August 19, 2020.
Amount: The maximum grant amount under this program is $10,000 per business establishment.
Business Eligibility Criteria:
- Forced closure due to Executive Orders 53 or 55 or minimum of 3 Fulltime Employees
- Gross Receipts less than $1,000,000
- Physical location in Louisa County
- Local taxes are current as of March 1, 2020
- Business revenue losses of 25% attributable to COVID-19
- Minimum 2 years in business
- For-profit business
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Franchises – Except for those headquartered and operated in Louisa County
Bounce Back ORANGE Small Business Grant
Bounce Back Orange Small Business Grant will offer grants to qualified businesses and organizations that will not have to be repaid. Bounce Back Orange Small Business Grant interest form .
- Must be operational as of March 27, 2020
- Must be based within Orange County (does not require a “storefront” location, can be home-based business)
- Current on local taxes
- For-profit businesses and private schools/childcare/daycare (for profit or nonprofit, 501(k))
- Must show a revenue loss or expenditure increase due to COVID-19 health crisis
• Grants of up to $5,000 for businesses with fewer than 10 full-time employees.
• Grants of up to $10,000 for businesses with more than 10 but fewer than 50 full-time employees.
Funds may be used for:
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Redesign of structure or operations to meet social distancing requirements
• Website, eCommerce, or other digital forms of communicating to customers or clients
• Payroll or other operating expenses
• Rent or mortgage payments
• Debt incurred because of COVID-19 disruption
• Loss of revenue due to implementation of Forward Virginia guidelines
NELSON CARES GRANT
Nelson County is considering a grant program for small businesses. Check back for more information.
now closed FLUVANNA SMALL BUSINESS GRANT
The Funds for Recovery and Operations Management (FROM): Fluvanna Small Business Grants will help businesses from Fluvanna recover from the effects of the ongoing health crisis. The FROM: Fluvanna grants will allow businesses to recoup the increased cost of operation, lost revenue, and other unbudgeted expenses caused by the COVID-19 health crisis. The total fund for businesses is $350,000. Applications opened July 8th and close on July 22nd. Learn how to apply
now closed ALBEMARLE LIFT BUSINESS GRANT
The Albemarle County Lift Business Grant award will present 100 grants in ranging from $10k-$50k, depending upon the number of local employees. The awards may be used for costs incurred due to the public health emergency, including ongoing expenses such as payroll, rent, insurance, or other operating expenses or adaptive costs such as the purchase of e-commerce equipment, website creation or upgrade to online sales.
Learn more and submit and inquiry here.
now closed: CULPEPER CARES GRANT
Culpeper Cares is a new $3.3 million grant program to assist small businesses and 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations in Culpeper, Virginia affected by COVID-19. The program is funded using federal CARES Act funds provided to the Town of Culpeper and Culpeper County and will be administered by CIC. The total fund is $3.3M with up to $510,000 available for 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. Applications opened on July 14th and will close on July 24th. Learn how to apply
now closed: CITY OF CHARLOTTESVILLE SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF GRANT
Charlottesville City Council allocated $750,000 in funding obtained from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) for direct business support. The Office of Economic Development, in conjunction with the Economic Development Authority, is charged with deploying these funds through the Small Business Relief Grant Program. These grant funds are intended to help small businesses that have endured significant business interruption due to the required closures caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The total fund for businesses is $750,000. Applications opened on July 13th and close on July 17th. Learn how to apply