- This event has passed.
Set Your Small Biz Apart with SWaM Certification
October 2 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Are you a small, women-owned, or minority-owned business who wants to do business with the Commonwealth of Virginia?
Small business owners who are looking to participate in Virginia’s specialized procurement and contracting opportunities are encouraged to become SWaM certified. The SWaM certification is a vehicle to promote economic growth of Virginia’s businesses.
Becoming SWaM certified is just the first step in doing business with the Commonwealth.
This workshop will cover:
- The SWaM Certification process
- Required documents needed to apply
- How to use the certification to do business with the Commonwealth (intro to eVA, Virginia’s Online Procurement Portal).
Join speaker Ramain Gohar, Business Service Manager (Central-West Virginia), Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity, and learn how and why to become SWaM (Small, Woman-Owned, and/or Minority-Owned Business) Certified to gain advantage when seeking state or local government contracts.
HYBRID event: In person at 109 W Main St, Orange or online via Zoom
- Light refreshments provided for in-person attendees beginning at 9:00am
- Presentation to begin promptly at 9:30am
Cohosted by: Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity and Orange County Economic Development