- This event has passed.
NIH SBIR/STTR Proposal Prep
May 25 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This workshop is a must if you are considering a National Institutes of Health (NIH) SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) or STTR (Small Business Technology Transfer) grant submission. In addition to up-to-date information on the SBIR/STTR programs, you’ll receive detailed instruction on developing a competitive proposal for NIH’s SBIR/STTR program.
Session Topics Include:
– An overview of the SBIR/STTR programs, including eligibility, and sources of funding;
– Registration process necessary for submission;
– An introduction to NIH, and essential information for selecting an institute appropriate for your technology;
– How to contact and communicate with program officials;
– How to approach each section of the proposal;
– NIH Proposal Prep: Understanding the NIH review process, writing your Specific AIMS page, research strategy and preparing proposals components for maximum impact, other critical details of the proposal; the importance of your team, facilities and budget;
– Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet the reviewers’ expectations;
– Common pitfalls, how to avoid them, and more!
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Presented by: Shannon Bass and Baindu Bayon of BBC ETC.
COST: Virginia based companies & Virginia University $25; All Others: $75 per person