- This event has passed.
Coffee with VVP: Seed Funding for Health IT & Health Tech
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
Hear experts discuss various forms of early-stage seed funding for health tech and health IT technology development. The funding needs, pathways to market, customer discovery, and commercialization goals for these technologies are much different than biotech and other life science technologies. This panel will discuss various funding sources and support for health tech and health IT technologies. 9AM-10AM is the main presentation, with breakout rooms to speak with panelists from 10-10:30AM.
Panelists will include:
- Moderator: Raj Rai, Venture Partner, VIPC Virginia Venture Partners
- Robert Brooke, SBIR Program Director, VIPC
- Alastair Monk, NSF SBIR Program Director for Digital Health
- NIH SBIR Program Director TBD
- Hina Mehta, Director, Commonwealth Commercialization Fund
- William McPheat, Life Science Business Mentor, Innovation Commercialization Assistance Program, Virginia SBDC