Greene County Economic Development
Greene County Businesses
Join us and learn:
- The variety of websites available, the possibilities of establishing or upgrading a website and the estimated costs to accomplish this!
- How to setup and manage your online storefront or service portal.
Instructor: Cameron Nelson, Business Communications and Technology Advisor
Central VA Small Business Development Center (CV SBDC)
Mr. Nelson has over 18 years experience in technology, and as a senior tech consultant in Silicon Valley helping Fortune 500 companies improve their digital marketing and eCommerce. At the same time he founded several tech companies, including a SaaS website for tree preservation and a blockchain platform for nonprofits. Cameron has explored six continents, visited 55 countries and published travel stories in newspapers and magazines. Cameron is accomplished in language, culture, has an MBA and MA and believes new technology products have the ability to help shape our world for the better.
This fun and engaging Boot Camp will be conducted in two parts:
Part 1 (all welcome): A workshop (via Zoom) from 9:00am – 9:45am
During the workshop, participants can expect to learn about the various e-commerce platforms and begin to consider the optimal choice based on their business. The instructor will also discuss how to use data and marketing to maximize returns.
Part 2 (priority to Greene County businesses): 45-minute individual sessions to work on your specific business needs. Scheduled every hour from 10-4, in advance.
During the one-on-one session, businesses should expect to accomplish:
- A quick evaluation of your existing website
- e-Commerce account creation
- Payment gateway integration
- Initial products on the site and ready for sale
- Knowledge of how to operate site and add new items for sale
- A beginning understanding of Analytics and how to use these for maximum benefit
At the close of the initial sessions, the instructor can schedule a follow-up meeting to answer questions, check progress, review the results and adjust strategy as needed.
If your business is outside of Greene County but you would still like a one-on-one, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a waiting list.
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2020
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm